MANDATES OF FCBL:
The following are the main functional mandates of FCBL:
- To build up and maintain stocks of essential food grains for meeting emergencies provided separate free funds are made available for the operation by the Government.
- To facilitate trade in agricultural and horticultural produce of Bhutan to ensure fair prices for both producers and consumers of the country.
- To develop and maintain market contacts outside Bhutan for agricultural and horticultural produce of Bhutan.
- To establish Regulated Markets (Auction Yards) whenever necessary to facilitate marketing of agro-horticultural produce of Bhutan.
- To procure an distribute food grains and other essential commodities to the general public at reasonable prices.
- To construct required go-downs in different parts of the country in order to carry out the objective of trading and building up of stocks.
- To receive, store and distribute WFP commodities to the beneficiaries as determined by the Government from time to time.
- To trade in and carry on the business in goods and services of the nature not enumerated above which may seem to the Corporation of being conveniently and profitably carried on by it.